COBRA – The Complete Business Reference Adviser
COBRA’s databank contains several thousand practical, factual and digestible reports, guides, factsheets and reference resources in a unique repository which includes:
- Business Opportunity Profiles (BOPs)
- Business Information Factsheets (BIFs)
- UK Market Synopses
- Local Area Profiles
Relentlessly updated, COBRA provides critical business facts, compliance and trading details of hundreds of the most common (and many of the less common) small business trades, sectors and professions and covers:
- detailed start up guides for over 600 small business trades, sectors and professions
- details of over 1,600 courses, qualifications and training providers for business start ups, business trades and professions
- guides to over 1,500 micro finance schemes, local business subsidies, and local business support available around the UK
- digestible details of over 400 acts, regulations and local trading licenses governing small business trades and professions
- details of over 1,200 associations, federations and trade organisations providing support and representation to smaller firms
- signposting to over 1,400 trade-specific publications, events, reports and guides of relevance to smaller firms
- guides to over 300 small business management subjects in factsheets, checklists & ‘how-to’ articles covering marketing, finance, HR/employment, admin, tax, e-commerce etc.
It is the ideal reference source for business advisers and researchers to help them with:
- advising and supporting new business start ups
- due diligence research on small business trades and sectors
- writing and appraising business plans
- appraisal and risk analysis of loan and other applications for credit
- industry insights and market intelligence
- all round current business awareness
- sector-specific awareness and understanding
- helping jobseekers develop a career path in small business sectors
The information published in COBRA is updated within a relentless two year cycle. However a considerable amount of the statutory information and compliance data is updated at least once a year in line with the UK’s regulatory common commencement dates and Chancellors budget.
COBRA is also updated on a more frequent as-needs basis when there are critical changes to regulations, statutory bodies and other time-critical factors affecting individual sectors specifically and all businesses generally.
There are also regular COBRA updates and alerts published at the beginning, and in the middle of each month.